– The Stuart’s
- The Stuart Family, White River Jct., VT
- The 2,240 square foot raised ranch was built in 1958 and had gone through minor renovations. The attic was insulated with fiberglass and the exposed band sill was un-insulated. There were fiberglass batts in between the sheet rock and foundation wall in the non-renovated portion of the basement.There was no bath fan ventilating the upstairs bathroom and the entrance from the garage into the finished space was a leaky wood door which allowed air to enter into the home.
- Energy Efficiency Measures
- The owners removed the sheet rock and fiberglass insulation from the non renovated portion of the basement walls and Building Energy installed 3″ of closed cell spray foam insulation. Spray foam insulation was also installed to the exposed band sill and dense pack cellulose was used in the end band joist bays.
- Air leakage was reduced by 53% and there is an estimated 35% reduction in heating energy savings.