Building Energy recently sold a highly energy-efficient 2,300 sq. ft. 3-bedroom cape-style home at 1036 Falls Rd, Shelburne, VT 05482. The home includes incredible details sympathetic to the original historic details preserved in the Shelburne Historic District. Photos and documents are included below.
Since 1981, Scott Gardner and Building Energy have specialized in retrofitting, remodeling, and building high-performance, energy-efficient homes like this one. Superior energy efficiency features include:
- Heat recovery ventilation: filtered clean air distributed by Zehnder distribution system.
- High efficiency heat pumps and air conditioning located in living room and master bedroom suite.
- High efficiency natural gas back up hydronic heat, four zones, custom wooden baseboards with conversion available for future air to water heat pump conversion.
- High efficiency natural gas hot water with space available for future heat pump conversion.
- Solar wiring and panel installed for future solar system on the garage.
- Complete thermal barrier under the concrete slab, concrete walls, and exterior walls.
- Highly efficient spray foam and rigid insulation in walls and roof.